CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!
The vocation of Christian marriage demands a serious commitment. Consequently, the Church desires to do all that it can do so that couples be adequately prepared to accept the obligations of Christian marriage and to fulfill them faithfully. The Catholic experience of celebrating marriage vows clearly conveys the Church’s beliefs about the Sacrament of Marriage.
Thinking Of Getting Married at St. Theresa Church?
We are pleased that you have chosen to celebrate your marriage at St. Theresa Parish. In the Catholic faith, marriage is not just a legal contract – marriage is a sacrament, a sign of God’s love for you and with you through your married lives. As you celebrate your wedding at St. Theresa Church, we will assist you in every way possible to be aware of God’s presence in your lives, and to make this celebration a faith-filled event for the two of you and for your families and friends.
View Our Marriage Prep Handbook
Please keep in mind that in order to be married at St. Theresa Church, you or your fiance(e) must be a registered and active member of our parish for at least six months prior to your marriage date.
Marriage Dates and Times
In accordance with Archdiocesan policy, the couple planning marriage must contact one of the parish priests at least six months prior to the wedding date. Weddings at St. Theresa Church may be scheduled at the following times:
11:00 AM to 12:30 PM including time for pictures
1:00 PM to 2:30 PM including time for pictures
3:00 PM to 4:30 PM including time for pictures
3:00 PM – This is a ceremony only – no mass
You will need to obtain the following documents:
- A Baptismal Certificate issued within the past six months (no photocopies)
- A Certificate of Confirmation for all Catholics
- A Pre-Nuptial Questionnaire for the bride and groom must be completed with the consulting priest or deacon at least six weeks before the wedding
- Affidavits may be required – your consulting priest or deacon will inform you if needed
- A Marriage License – This can be obtained from the Cook County Clerk’s office. The closest office is at 2121 Euclid Avenue, Rolling Meadows. The license is valid one day after the date of issue and remains valid for 60 days.
Note: Baptismal certificates should always be authenticated personally by one of the priests, deacons, or parish ministers. They should always include a statement about the presence or absence of a notation about a previous marriage. Photo copies of documents (i.e., baptismal and marriage certificates, divorce papers, etc.) should not be accepted unless they are certified by a priest or proper authority.
For more information, please email one of our parish priests.